Sunday, April 17, 2011

Come on over to my side

I've seen these two pics of the Pleasure Seekers before:

Via.

Via.

Little did I realize until today, though, that they were taken at Trude Heller's!  A crucial bit of background proof was cropped out of the above photos, but it does appear in the images which illustrate the fantastic interview with Patti Quatro in the current issue of Ugly Things (#31).






I also just found this photo here, with the telltale Trude profile logo behind them.


Looks like the Quatro sisters are in the process of developing a site about their musical history, quatrorock.com.  In the meantime, get your grubby mitts on the new UT, which as usual provides hours of indispensible rock and roll reading...other particular highlights for me include the to-die-for Norton Records Silver Anniversary Story and an interview with Prince Stash Klossowski de Rola.

5 comments:

Bruno Ceriotti said...

Hi!

My name is Bruno Ceriotti. I'm the official historian of The Pleasure Seekers. If you want to know more about them and about their gigs at the Trude Heller's, take a look here:
http://rockprosopography102.blogspot.com/2011/04/pleasure-seekers-cradle-story.html

Joe Bonomo said...

Great stuff!

Personalized Pens said...

I think I read somewhere that they were going to re-release some of the early recordings later this year...

Bruno Ceriotti said...

You're right Personalized Pens! Cradle CD "The History" was already released in 2010 and now, I think later this month of May 2011, The Pleasure Seekers CD "What A Way To Die" will be released too. If you want to buy one or both CDs, you can order this on the Quatro sisters official websiste: www.quatrorock.com

quatrorock said...

These photos were indeed all taken at Trude Heller's kick ass Trik on 6th and 9th. We played both clubs and loved it.....held over for 6 weeks at Trik. Great times. Check us out with newly released CD's at www.quatrorock.com